GUARANTEE / WARRANTY
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Hilker Mattress across the globe
Hilker is a worldwide recognised international mattress brand, started since 1888 in Detmold, Germany.
With the experience of past four generations, we have expanded our distribution from the Europe to Asia including China, Taiwan, Korea,
Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore.
For all Hilker's users across the globe, you may refer to your Product Guarantee/ Warranty as below.
10-Year Guarantee / Warranty
Body Comfort Impression
Top-quality mattress use extra-plush foams to create comfort layers designed to cradle your body and relieve pressure. After the first few weeks you sleep on your new mattress with these extra comfort layers, you will likely notice some body signatures. These impressions are normal. Any impression of less than 3cm of the original mattress height is normal, they indicate that the comfort layers are conforming to your body, which is what they are designed to do, and shouldn't be considered a sign of defect or sagging
New Mattress Experience
A brand new mattress will often be firmer than what you’ve tried in the showroom. This firmness is caused by the brand new foam layers. As you continue to sleep on the mattress, the pressure from your body will relax the foam and mold it more and more into your sleeping form. Other than that, the foundation (divan, bed frame) used will also affect your sleeping experience. Age, quality of support, materials, and condition of the foundation of your mattress also plays a crucial role in this case. Therefore, firmness of new mattress or ‘feels different’ from in-store experience shouldn’t be considered as manufacturing defect
Smell / Odour
The smell arising from your new mattress or pillow upon unboxing is absolutely normal. Please allow a minimum of 2 months for your new mattress to breathe in a well ventilated room, the smell will then fade away naturally.
1. Support your mattress. Ask for a suitable foundation. Please do not buy a new mattress only after your present mattress shows wear and tear. Mattress failure or “wear out” is often caused by foundation failure.
2. Your mattress foundation should have a:
Minimum 4-legged bed frame for a Twin or Full-sized mattress
Minimum 5-legged bed frame with center support for a Queen-sized mattress
Minimum 6-legged bed frame with center support for a King-sized mattress
5. Keep your mattress clean. Never use your mattress uncovered. Change your bedsheets once a week to prevent dirt from collecting on your mattress thus becoming a breeding ground for allergens.
6. Never jump, stand, bend, or place your mattress on the floor. Misuse of this kind could cause unnecessary damage and void your Guarantee.
7. Moving & storing. Move by lifting the mattress up from the ground. Avoid knocking into other objects or dragging, as this can damage the fabric, zipper (if any), and even the mattress core. Store mattress in dry and well-ventilated areas. To avoid damage from the sun and humidity, do not store outdoors.
What Can Void Your Guarantee?
1. Blood, urine, other stains or damages will void this Guarantee. A quality mattress protector with good absorption should be used to protect your mattress.
2. Unhygienic mattress. Mattress with unusual odour emitted, present of molding or mildew such as fleas, ticks, bedbugs or cockroach egg capsules found by inspection will void the warranty.
4. Bending the mattress or leaving it standing on its side for long periods will cause permanent damage. If the mattress is bent while shifting from place to place; standing for a long period during delivery, when moving it, or in storage, the Guarantee is void.
5. Correct mattress support is an important element in maintaining a longer life span for your mattress. Improper foundation that is too soft, uneven, lack of support, worn out, constructed wrongly, or restricts air circulation may damage your mattress and void the Guarantee.
6. Mattresses follow the contour of whatever they rest on. Foundations dipping or sagging allow the mattress to sag too, causing the top cover to wrinkle. Sleepers may experience roll-together through inadequate support. Some slat/mesh type foundations may require a center rail and a leg to the floor to prevent dipping or sagging, particularly in double, queen, and king-sized mattresses. If placed on a foundation that dips down, even under the load of one or two sleepers, the Guarantee will be void.
7. Failure to comply with manufacturer's care & maintenance instructions will void the Guarantee.
8. This Guarantee endures only the the benefit of the original purchaser of the product from authorise dealers, commences n the date of mattress purchase, and shall not be extended or resorted should the mattress be replaced or repaired. Contract and commercial usages are not covered by this Guarantee.
9. Guarantee will be void if the mattress has been repaired or altered by unauthorized persons or workshops.
11. The Guarantee does not cover products kept in an unsanitary environment.
Pro-rated Limited Guarantee
1. The Guarantee applies only to the mattress spring coils defects or uncommon sagging for more than 3cm.
2. During the 10 year-guarantee period, Hilker will repair or, at our absolute discretion, replace the mattress spring coils at no charge. Guarantee repairs must only be carried out by Hilker or our authorized dealers.
3. Guarantee does not cover mattress that is soiled, burnt, or abused due to improper usage and handling.
4. This Guarantee is only valid within Malaysia.
5. Your mattress will be replaced or repaired, with a pro-rated allowance at manufacturer's option, up to ten (10) years from the date of purchase, if repair is needed but not covered by this Guarantee. The manufacturer reserves the right to substitute products and materials of equal or similar value.
6. Over 10 years, repair, replacement or credit value of the mattress will be made as per the pro-rated value below. The consumer shall bear the difference between the new mattress value and the credit value. Should manufacturing defects develop after the first year of delivery, repair shall be charged pro-rated value is 1/10th of the invoice price multiplied by the total number of years you have owned the bed. Transportation charges shall be bear by the purchaser. Please refer to the following guide for details:
Within 12 months from the date of purchase: 100%
1-2 Years: 90%
2-3 Years: 80%
3-4 Years: 70%
4-5 Years: 60%
5-6 Years: 50%
6-7 Years: 40%
7-8 Years: 30%
8-9 Years: 20%
9-10 Years: 10%
Above 10 Years: 0%
8. Should the mattress found to be damaged, kindly notify and provide proof-of-purchase/ sales receipt/ delivery receipt to the retailer whom you purchased your mattress from; the retailer will then manage your Guarantee claim with the manufacturer.
1. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have rights which vary from country to country. The manufacturer is responsible for no incidental nor consequential damages. Implied warranties are limited to the period of this warranty.
2. The manufacturer does not warrant that this product is suitable for any person's health or medical condition, and makes no warranty beyond what is contained in writing herein.
Any adverse health reactions like suffocation from improper use of products are at the onus of the user.
3. Mattress specifications, including appearance, may change without notice.
4. Claims that are not supported with a receipt will be denied a refund or exchange.
5. This warranty does not extend to normal wear and tear, or damage caused by abuse, misuse, or negligence.
6. In addition to the other exclusions stated on this page, we specifically exclude from the warranty;
• Small manufacturing irregularities that do not affect the performance of the bed.
Example: Length and width of the mattress up to a maximum of 2cm variance.
• Comfort issues relating to the consumers’ individual preferences.
• Defects due to causes beyond our control like floods, fire, and natural disasters.
7. This guarantee applies to the mattress spring coils defects in workmanship and faulty materials, valid from the date of delivery.
8. During the 10 year-guarantee period, Hilker will repair or, at our absolute discretion, partially replace the mattress spring coils will be repaired or partially replaced a faulty product at no charge. Warranty repairs must only be carried out by Hilker or our authorised dealers (Harvey Norman).
9. Guarantee does not cover mattress that is soiled, burnt, or abused due to improper usage and handling.
10. Hilker’s authorised dealer - Harvey Norman reserves the right to substitute fabrics of equal quality if identical fabrics are not available at the time of repair or replacement.
11. This product guarantee is only valid within Malaysia.